The all-ages free event at QUT’s Kelvin Grove campus featured the latest immersive, interactive, 3-Dimensional experiences.
CreateX celebrated the opening of the new Precinct Stage Two, an $88 million investment by QUT into the Creative Industries Faculty. Performances, installations, talks and workshops covering the arts, media and design were open to the public to enjoy.
Performances, workshops and installations on the day included:
- Museum of Colliding Dimensions: a world-first, room-sized augmented reality experience to make you feel like you’re inside a video game.
- Garden of Minuscule Delights: interactive dance performance involving robots, humans and the public, where the performers react and respond to the public’s presence in the room.
- Shifting Lenses – a live duet between a dancer and a computer.
- Mudskipping – a dance of the mangroves combining 3D film, dance and music to evoke an eccentric reimagining on the lives of mudskipper.
- The Copernicus Challenge – real life augmented reality adventure game.
Check out the CreateX Facebook gallery to see all the events that happened throughout the day.
The main foyer inside the Z9 multi-studio space at CreateX. Several thousand people attended the inaugural celebration.
The Museum of Colliding Dimensions was a combined augmented and virtual reality installation.
The multi-studio Flow project at CreateX. Attendees followed the blue line to hear the full performance.
A light, sounds, video and sculpture installation from acclaimed multi-media artist and performer Michelle Xen.
CreateX attendees enjoying the all-ages event.
The Indigenous Fashion Showcase made full use of Z9’s central staircase.
QACI students produced the Deconstruction fashion exhibition
The Copernicus Challenge was a large scale, real life, augmented reality adventure game that took players across the campus.
Acclaimed musician and QUT academic John Willsteed (of Go-betweens fame) performing and sharing colourful stories of the Brisbane music scene in the 1970s.
Performer Kate Miller-Heidke at the CreateX finale.